Pic Microcontroller Development Board with Their Features: In our daily life, embedded system is playing a very significant role, especially in the field of industrial automation and home automation. In these systems, the microcontroller is very important controller for the intelligent control of this system, currently different types of microcontroller are used such as PIC or Atmel, which are programmed in c or any other language with the help of microcontroller development boards. These development boards are made by different companies such as microchip or microelectronics and these are printed circuit board which have all the facilities means we can burn and check the program it is it right or wrong very easily. Here we would be explaining the brief synopsis of top ten pic programmer boards with their features.
Curiosity pic microcontroller Development board
Features of Curiosity pic Development board:
- It supports the 40 pin 8-bit microcontroller with low voltage.
- It has USB interface with integrated programmer or debugger.
- It has RN 4020 Bluetooth foot print.
- It has physical switches and analogue potentiometer.
- It has wide interface options such as m touch button.
Ready for PIC microcontroller development Board
Features of Reay for PIC development Board:
- It is fully supported by mikro c mikro basic and mikro pascal complier for pic compiler.
- It has 10 IDC headers for available microcontroller ports.
- It has USB-UART module, prototyping area and power supply circuit.
- It has fast UART bootloader for on board pic programming.
It is designed on white plastic casing so each component could be sold separately
XLP 8-Bit pic microcontroller Development Board
XLP 8-Bit Development Board is designed by microchip for a very low power and have a very low sleep current such as 20 nA.It is very sustainable for prototype very low power applications such as energy harvesting, temperature sensors ,electronics door locks, smart cards , security sensors. For extensive low power applications, the extensive line of daughter cared is interfaced with this microchip development board. It is very low cost board and is very ideal for providing the development environment to the pic 16F and 18F microcontrollers. This XLP 8-Bit Development Board is shown in figure 1.
Figure 1 Microchip XLP 8-Bit Development Board
Features of XLP 8-Bit pic microcontroller Development Board:
- It supports the Pic 18F87k22, which have 80 pins and 128KB flash memory.
- It also supported the microcontroller such as 6LF194PIC17 which 64 pins and 28KB flash memory.
- It also has current and voltage measurements facility.
- It has USB interface for power and PC communication.
- It has LEDs for identifications.
- It has LCD interface facility.
- It has analogue temperature sensor and CTMU based diode temperature sensor.
- It has power options such as energy harvesting, AAA, USB, CR2032, external or 9 V power supply.
- It has very easy connection with MPLAB PICKIT3, ICD3 or RESL ICE for input debugging and programming
XLP 16-Bit pic microcontroller Development Board
XLP 16-Bit Development Board is also designed by microchip and is used for very low power applications. It is very ideal for low power motor control, digital power conversion, advanced integration and low power security systems.This XLP 16-Bit Development Boardis shown in figure 2.
Features of XLP 16-Bit pic Development Board
- It has 20 and 28 pins shared footprints sockets with associated headers for PIC 24F microcontroller.
- It has 8 MHz and 32.768KHz oscillator circuit for PIC 24F microcontroller.
- It has power LED.
- It has power control switch IC (IC PWR).
- It has adjustable regulator (LDO).
- It has temperature sensor, potentiometer and serial EEPROM.
- It also has capacitive touch pads and capacitive measurements points
XLP 32-Bit pic microcontroller Development Board
XLP 32-Bit Development Board is also designed by microchip, which provides the very lowest and easiest method to experience the 32 bit pic microcontrollers. It was developed by microchip first time. It has all the features such write, debug and execute the program for high performance 32bit microcontroller
Features of XLP 32-Bit pic microcontroller Development Board
- It has free MPLAB IDEX and MPLABXC32 compiler.
- It has 512K flash,32K ram and 4 channel DMA.USB powered board.
- It has 3 users switched and 3 LEDs.
- It has full source based debugging in MPLAB XIDE.
- It run and verify the program in 9 seconds.
Easy PIC V7 8-Bit pic microcontroller Development Board
Easy pic v7 8-bit development board is designed by mikroelektronia development tools company and is designed for experienced the 8-bit microcontroller such as PIC 18F78K22 microcontroller. It is shown in figure below:
Features of Easy PIC V7 8-Bit pic Development Board
- It could be used for variety of applications such as Ethernet, USB, temperature measurements and including graphics.
- It also supports the PIC18F, PIC18FJ, and PIC18FLK.
- It has the special function registers (SFR).
- It has CODE, RAM, and EEPRM along with code execution hardware.
- It also 80 Pins MCU card that could be sold separately.
PIC KICK Development Board with PIC16F877A
PIC kick development board is designed for pic 16F and 18F microcontrollers. It is low coat and kick start development board for pic 16F877A and is used for low power applications. It is shown in figure below
EASY PIC Development Board for PIC18f4520
Easy pic development board for pic 18F4520 is the starter board for 40 and 28 pin microcontrollers. It is low and is only designed for pic it figure is shown below:
Features of EASY PIC Development Board for PIC18f4520:
- It has serial a bootloader with on board microchip 18F4520 microcontroller.
- It is powered up externally or USB port.
- It has on board USB to serial communication converter
- It 12 MHZ replaceable crystal to clock the microcontroller.
- It also has reset push button.
PIC-P26J50 Porto pic Development Board
Features of PIC-P26J50 Porto Development Board:
- It has 64 K flash with pic microcontroller.
- It has UBS connector with 8 LEDs.
- It has user button and reset button.
- It has UEXT connector.
- It has dimensions 61*45mm.