GPS based projects using pic microcontroller and Arduino Uno R3. GPS (Global Positing System) based Project and Tutorials: Global Positioning System a.k.a. GPS is a network of satellites used to send and receive accurate details about the position of anybody in the form of longitude and latitude. GPS is used in various field of life such as monitoring, navigation, and security. GPS works on a basic mathematical principle called Trilateration. If you want to learn more about GPS working so visit this link about what is GPS and how GPS works? There are many GPS modules available in the market. But I have used Holux M-89 GPS module in these GPS based project.
you may also like to check following projects ideas:
Here is the list of projects and tutorial related to GPS.
- Interfacing of GPS module with PIC microcontroller: In this tutorial, you will learn how to interface a GPS module with PIC microcontroller. From this tutorial you can also learn what a GPS module can do, what it cannot do and how easy to use in your project. Visit for more details.
- Vehicles Tracking System using GPS&GSM Modules: In this project, you can learn how to make a security system to track your precious vehicles and save them from thieves. This project can also be used to monitoring your vehicles. You can build your own vehicle tracking system with no experience required by visiting
- GPS-based clock using PIC microcontroller: In this project, you can learn how to make a Universal Time Clock using GSM module. The special feature of this project is that the clock sets the time automatically according to the location. This technology is used in many modern devices. To learn more about this project visit
- Display of GPS Co-ordinates on LCD using pic microcontroller: In this project, you learn how to display Coordinates on LCD using PIC microcontroller and the working of GPS and the satellite networking. For more detail visit
- GPS based speedometer: this GPS based project can be used to measure the speed of Vehicles and humans without using any speed measurement sensor. we can get our speed from GPS relative to our position. : this GPS based project can be used to measure the speed of Vehicles and humans without using any speed measurement sensor. we can get our speed from GPS relative to our position.
You can feel free to visit our website microcontrollers lab to learn more about a microcontroller, Arduino and much more. There are easy to understand tutorial and projects.